It has been a long time project of ours to make all of the websites and materials we used to make our judgement on vaccination for DS. So, finally after a lot of delay, here is the post with most of the links and notes along with them:
0. A neat article from Mothering.com that clearly goes over why should one even be worried about vaccinations. Bonus: A nice video in which the industry CDC/Govt nexus gets exposed very clearly. This is a must watch! Get your Damn Vaccine Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMqYlnAiIUU
1. National Network for Immunization Information: http://www.immunizationinfo.org/ . A pro vaccination website with the following sponsors: Infectious Diseases Society of America, the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society, the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Nurses Association, the American Academy of Family Physicians, the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, the University of Texas Medical Branch, the Society for Adolescent medicine and the American Medical Association.
2. National Vaccination Information Center: http://www.nvic.org/
Founded in 1982 by parents whose children were injured or died following DPT vaccine reactions. Maintains statistics of vaccine related injuries and vaccine ingredients calculator (mostly taken from Dr. Sears book on vaccinations it seems like). Also, has relevant information in making an informed choice about a particular vaccine. We relied on this website a lot.
3. Smart Vaccinations : http://smartvax.com/
Run by coalition for safeminds, here is their stated objective:SafeMinds was founded to raise awareness, support research, change policy and focus national attention on the growing evidence that environmental triggers contribute to neurological disorders such as autism, attention deficit disorder, language delay and learning difficulties. Our mission is to restore health and protect future generations by eradicating the devastation of autism and associated health disorders that are induced by environmental triggers. A portion of SafeMinds’ focus is on the role that vaccines might play in environmentally-induced autism, and SafeMinds members have participated in various governmental vaccine-policy and autism research committees to encourage research in this area. It has become apparent to SafeMinds that there is a reluctance amongst some government officials to pursue the rigorous science necessary to get the answers.
We found this website to be in agreement with our philosophy and approach to vaccinations. We have used this website quiet a bit and plan on revisiting it at the appropriate time for more information on particular make and brand of vaccine.
4. Dr. Sears’s vaccination book and mainly this article: http://www.whale.to/vaccine/sears.html , where in he raises concern about aluminum adjuvants in vaccines. This one is a must read.
5. Dr. Offit (inventor of the rotavirus vaccine), his rebuttal to Dr. Sears article:
In between these two links, there were a ton of blogs that were either Pro Sears or Pro Offit on this issue and they are certainly worth reading. They can be found with a simple google search.
6. Dr. Sears’s response to the rebuttal!!
This really gets interesting with all the heavy facts about vaccine and surely is an interesting read for an informed parent.
7. David Kirby’s article on the Huffington Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-kirby/top-us-panel-some-vaccine_b_211843.html
Never got down to reading this since by the time we were down to this point, our decision was pretty clear.
8. Dr. Sears’s article about the above post: http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/vaccines/government-and-cdc-finally-agree-do-extensive-research-vaccine-safety-maybe
It was from this post that we found out about HuffPo article.
9. Aluminum adjuvants study link: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21568886
A very recent and timely paper on aluminum adjuvants and their effects.
10. Science based medicine blog: http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/paul-offit-takes-on-robert-sears/
One of those blogs that we talked about earlier. Together with the main article, the intense debate in the comments section make for a fruitful learning experience.
11. It took CDC only 50 years to admit that its Polio vaccines were tainted with SV40 virus:
By the time the material in these links are read, re-read, thought over, deliberated over, in our case the decision was pretty clear on what to do.
12. Another interesting perspective on this issue: http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/life-style/nutrition-and-wellbeing/growing-up-unvaccinated-20140108-30gck.html#utm_source=FD&utm_medium=lifeandstylepuff&utm_campaign=vacc