We believe that we are being given a clean slate to write on, with the birth of our son and this is a huge responsibility. To figure out, what is the best way to write and also the best thing to write is a puzzle whose pieces seem to be still open after so many years of human existence.
How do we do our best in preventing developmental issues with regards to parenting? The answer to this question got us on a search for books that might give us a pointer. Our own lives have been relatively problem free but is it optimal?
This quest has led us to the following list of books that we are currently reading through:
1. The aware baby Aletha Solter
2. What Babies Say Before They Can Talk Paul Holinger, Kalia Doner
3. Connection Parenting Pam Leo
4. Playful Parenting Lawrence J Cohen
5. The Attachment Parenting Book William and Martha Sears
6. Attachment Parenting Katie Allison Granju
7. Unconditional Parenting Alfie Kohn
8. Bright from the Start Jill Stamm
9. Everyday Blessings Myla and Jon Kabat-Zinn
10.Tears and Tantrums Aletha Solter
11. Positive Discipline : The First Three Years Jane Nelsen et. all
If you have more suggestions, please let us know. We shall review these books and chronicle how we are putting what we have learnt into practice in the coming days.